Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond

1. What's something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it?

I would like to get some painting done this year but haven't even bought the paint, yet.


2. Where do you go to find quietude?

In the early mornings, I sit at my kitchen table and listen to the morning.   I use to walk around our park (before the virus) and listen to the river and would do a lot of thinking.  Now that I am mowing my yard, I enjoy the quiet as I mow.  I just have to pay attention more though, cause I don't want to end up in the road as I am mowing!


3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?

Toilet Paper Roll – CULT CREW
When is it Time for Tomatoes? - Bi-Water Farm

Chunk Light Tuna in Water | StarKist
OSCAR MAYER LUNCH MEAT COLD CUTS DELI FRESH OVEN ROASTED TURKEY ...

Lipton Lemon Iced Tea Mix - Shop Tea at H-E-B

I would have the essentials.  I don't really care for bread so I am okay with turkey and a tomato.  I love tuna PLAIN! and I have my drink.  Toilet Paper for the go!





4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.


'I Will Survive'  I tell myself this.  The only other option would be to not survive and I don't want that!  Is this easy?  No, most days it isn't, but I push forward and push through.  


5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.


"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."  Eleanor  Roosevelt


6. Insert your own random thought here.

If the sun would shine just a little without all the wind, I think I could feel much better.  The wind is like March!  We were under a high wind warning last night and boy did it howl.

I can hardly wait to hug and kiss these people...



No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...