1. Have you done more binge watching this past year than in 'normal' years? Any plans to break that habit in 2021? Tell us one or two shows you binged last year that you really liked.
I haven't done much if any at all binge watching. I am not a television person, which makes it kinda hard to pass the time; however, I am an avid reader. Tuesday nights I watch, This Is Us and Big Sky that's about all the television for me.
2. January 26th is Australia Day. Have you ever visited or lived in Australia? Have you ever tasted Vegemite, and if so what did you think? Is a trip down under on your bucket list? We answered a question about travel three months ago (the October 21st Hodgepodge), but let's revisit now...where are you when it comes to planning or even imagining travel this year?
Never been to Australia nor had a desire to go...Italy most definitely want to visit. I had to google Vegemite, according to the description not for my taste buds. Travel hasn't entered my thoughts. I would be happy traveling 10 miles to hold and squeeze my grandkids!
3. Something that zaps your energy? Something that energizes you?
Doing absolutely nothing zaps me...I feel so lethargic. Seeing the sunshine and walking energizes me and puts me in a jubilant mood. Since our numbers were rising, my exercise class was cancelled and I felt awful. Couple of weeks ago, I started back walking...I walk for at least 50 minutes a day.
4. On a scale of 1-10 what are your eating habits like these days? (1=all junk food all the time and 10= juicing every green thing in the frig) Healthiest meal you've eaten in the last week or so?
Trying to eat healthy...key word trying. Being by myself, it is so easy to just grab a handful of chips, cookies, or whatever else is unhealthy. I have made a conscious effort in the last few days to eat healthier; the other evening I made lasagna and had green beans and I think this is a start for me.
5. What's your most often 'Back in my day....' thing to say?
Back in my day, children showed respect and did what we were told or else we knew what was coming. Children were healthier because there were few places which one could go and eat and we were always outside playing even in the winter, we would head outside to play or walk to a friend's house. Most importantly, adults showed respect to each other and was willing to lend a helping hand to their neighbors without being asked to.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Our School Board met on Monday evening. Our county is returning to a hybrid schedule on February 1st. February 22nd PreK through 3rd grade will return to the brick and mortar building 4 days a week, March 1st 4th -8th grade will return 4 days a week and then March 8th High School will return 4 days a week. Staggering the reopening due to transportation (working out the kinks..which will be a headache in itself) and other problems, such class size (some classes are larger than others) so finding other places to hold that particular class. Boy Oh Boy!! did the ugly comments begin blaming teachers (like we can do anything about it) and just saying we sit all day and don't want to teach!! Such idiotic, rude comments. Parents will still have the option to send their child or continue virtual learning at home. I quit reading comments, and began looking through pictures...AND
Grandson, who turned 3 January 15th, graduated to a big boy bed.
and the twins, who will be 1 yr old, March 9th are growing like a weed.