Wednesday, June 24, 2020
1. This time last year where were you?
This time last year, I was still home babysitting my grandson, Blake, BUT I was planning my trip to Hawaii. Oh what a fun time we had.
I can't think of any pink foods!! I have been drinking ...
it is so refreshing.
I have not been a fan of the color pink. However, my late hub was. He loved the color pink and even had a pink high school class ring.
My favorite shade of pink would have to be blush fuschia.
I have a hard time of slowing down. I am always in a rush, what for? I will never know. I can't stand having nothing to do. Even now, being quarantined and not going anywhere, I get so bored. Taking walks along the park, my mind is rushing thinking of things to do and being by myself there is nothing to do!!
Even as a young girl, I remember my dad saying to me, "Stop Tammy and smell the roses."
I am reader! Thankful that is something I enjoy doing. I don't have a summer reading list, but the ones I have loved so far is Far from the Tree by Robin Benway, The Guest Book by Sarah Blake and I am currently reading We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter.
Can't wait to see what others are reading to add to my list.
5. Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend.
Being able to attend Sunday School this week was a blessing. My church had opened back up but not the Sunday School Classes. Meeting in small groups for our lesson was a blessing for me.
Thorn....don't get me started but dealing with people when having cell phone problems and you can't understand what the person is saying and what the person is telling you to do isn't working..UGH!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Getting some much needed outside work done around the house! One step at a time is what I have been telling myself.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Thank you Joyce for your questions.
1. Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season?
I have to stayed cooped up in winter and I enjoy being outside. My favorite thing about this season is being able to be outside in the evenings (after it has cooled down some) and just sitting. Sometimes I read and listen to music as I watch the day turn into night.
2. Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
Love handles definitely!! I have jokingly said I need to be quarantained from my refrigerator. I swear, every time I walk by I have to open it or the cabinets and stick something in my mouth!
3. What's one thing currently causing you to seethe? One thing currently making you smile?
The media causes me to seethe! I know I should keep abreast with some of the happenings in the world, but ya'll it is just a bit too much for me.
How can you not smile when seeing these pictures?
I very seldom see or hear from them. But they are all sweet boys.
4. Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?
roast marshmallows over a fire, go berry or peach picking, dangle your feet off the end of a dock, sit on a porch swing, watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock, go barefoot in the grass, collect seashells, play tennis, go fishing, build a sandcastle, catch fireflies, eat a soft serve ice cream cone, make a pitcher of Sangria, swim in a lake, stargaze, ride a bike, paddle a canoe or kayak, make a summer road trip, throw a frisbee
Dangling my feet off the end of a dock, watching the sunset from the beach while sipping on a Sangria.
Do you make an actual list?
I use to make a lot of lists (things to do, grocery list, house repair lists) but now only a few lists are made.
5. Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
This past weekend, I helped a friend with her son's girlfriend baby shower. The shower was postponed earlier due to COVID. The shower was different from baby showers in the past....the food was served by us so no one touched anything!! We all had on gloves and masks. My friend explained this to the guests and also asked the guests to congratulate the 'Mother to Be' from afar. No one seemed to mind the new rules.
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
1. Last thing you said yes to? Did you regret it?
Very simple "Yes" answer...having lunch with my aunt. Definitely did not regret it!
2. No big deal, no contest, no dice, no hard feelings, no ifs ands or buts, no kidding, no offense, no pain no gain, no way...choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
No ifs ands or buts when it comes to being wrong. If you are in the wrong, there is no discussion you are wrong....no ifs ands or buts about it.
3. Thursday June 11th is National Making Life Beautiful Day...in this strange season how are you adding beauty to your days/life?
Simply trying to keep my daily walks...I can do a lot of thinking when walking. Spending time with my aunt and her family (we are trying to get together every other Sunday) just enjoying each other's company.
4. According to an article found here, these six foods taste better in June than at any other time of the year-strawberries, asparagus, peas, peaches, beets, and garlic. How many of these have you tasted so far this month? Anything on the list you'd say 'no thank you' to trying? Rearrange the list starting with your favorite (1) to your least favorite (6).
I have tasted 3 this month.
Really nothing on here that I don't like.
5. Describe your current mood in three words.
Remember God's Vengeance
6. Insert your own random thought her
Shew!! After listening/watching our governor speak yesterday about the reopening of schools in the fall, I said a silent prayer for our superintendent who has to make the final decision with all the guidelines in place.
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
1. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?
Take a walk and enjoy the quietness of nature and to read my daily devotions.
2. June 2nd is National Rotisserie Chicken day. Who knew? Are you a fan of rotisserie chicken? You've purchased one at your local market for tonite's dinner. Will you serve as is or make something else using the chicken?
Rotisserie chicken as is!
3. I read a list recently (go here to read more) of 20 of the most beautiful places in America. How many of these have you seen up close and in person? Of the sites on this list that you haven't seen, which would you most like to see?
Antelope Canyon Arizona, Kenai Fjords Alaska, White Mountains New Hampshire, Crater Lake Oregon, The Palouse Washington and Idaho, Grand Prismatic Spring Wyoming, Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Horsehoe Bend Arizona, Na Pali Coast Kauai Hawaii, Antelope Valley California, Lake Tahoe California, The Berkshires Massachussets, Maroon Bells Colorado, Angel Oak South Carolina, Acadia National Park Maine, Grand Teton National Park Wyoming, Turnip Rock Michigan, Central Park New York City, Niagara Falls New York, and Skagit Valley Tulip Fields Washington
I have only seen one! Mostly likely like to see The Berkshires Massachussetts
4. What's one pretty spot you'd add to the list in question #3? Are there travel plans of any kind on your calendar right now? Does that make you happy, anxious, excited, sad, or relieved?
No plans to travel on my calendar...I feel a little sad. I like to have something to look forward to.
5. Tell us one un-COVID related thing you're looking forward to in the month of June.
Honestly, I have nothing!!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It was so nice to be back in church Sunday! A little strange because we all wanted to hug one another but we kept our distance.
1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have...
1. What surprises you the most about people? What surprises me the most about people is their lack of disrespect towards others and how n...
1. April 26th is National Audubon Day, honoring John James Audubon, the French-My ornithologist, naturalist, and painter known for his de...