Wednesday, May 27, 2020
1. The US of A celebrated Memorial Day this past Monday. Does your family have any military ties? If so, tell us about them.
My uncles were all in the military and fought in WWII and in the Vietnam War.
2. Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips, mac and cheese, macaroni salad...your favorite BBQ side? How many of these do you make from scratch vs. buying from the deli?
I love potato salad. I usually make potato salad, macaroni salad, and baked beans from scratch. Usually buy cole salad and Mac and Cheese...I have met the most wonderful chef..Bob Evans most of his stuff is really good.
If you haven't checked him out...do!
3. I enjoyed asking this question back when the Hodgepodge was a regular thing...Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen's English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2020 list includes-quid pro quo, artisanal, curated, influencer, literally, I mean, living my best life, mouthful (word used by foodies to describe texture of food in their mouth), chirp (basically an insult, you can read more on the website), jelly (short for jealous), totes (short for totally), vibe, and OK Boomer (internet response from millenial to older generation).
Of the words/phrases listed which would you most like to see 'banned'?
Since, I am considered the older generation, definitely OK Boomer would be banned!!
4. I'm sure next year's list will be filled with words springing out of this weird season we're all in currently. What word or phrase associated with the Corona would you be happy to hear less often?
Are you wearing a mask or not?
Do you wear gloves?
The numbers keep climbing!!
5. The month of May wraps up in just a few days. Bid her adieu in ten words or less.
Hoping the month of June is much better than May!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Was able to spend some time with my aunt and her family this weekend.
I borrowed this from my daughter's FB...Gosh I can't wait to hug these boys!!
Have a great rest of the week....Enjoy Life!
at May 27, 2020
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
1. In a single sentence tell us something about your 40's. If you haven't reached that milestone yet tell us (in a single sentence) something about whatever decade you're in now.
My 40's were the beginning of raising a 12 and a 10 year old daughters, getting ready to watch them get dressed up for proms, playing sports, moving into dorms at colleges, and watching them grow into women.
2. Life begins at forty. Agree or disagree? Tell us why. And if not at forty, when?
I have heard this phrase so much...life is supposed to become better at age 40 with the skills and experiences we have learned to make life more enjoyable. Honestly, I have no clue when life begins to get better. I do believe with each year we learn to grow in that season and learn from our experiences.
3. Share a favorite book, song, or quote with a number featured in it somewhere.
George Orwell 1984
Song Choice would have to be all the creative songs that have changed Dolly Parton's song 9 to 5 to the modern version of the Coronavirus some of these I have seen on Facebook are really good.
4. A picture's worth a thousand words, a stitch in time saves nine, back to square one, catch-22, on cloud nine, my two cents...pick a number phrase and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
I would go with 'a picture's worth a thousand words'. Not being able to see grandkids as much as I would like I love seeing pictures their pictures and ABSOLUTELY LOVE FACETIME!
5. Last time you drove more than 40 miles from home? More than 400 miles from home? Where were you going? Was it before or after this current season of social distancing?
Last week drove more than 40 miles taking daughter and her son to the hospital. I haven't driven more than 400 miles in a long time.
I have not been one to wait on things and this waiting is hard!! Especially when it concerns family. Prayers Please!
at May 20, 2020
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
1. Ever played the game Farkle? Are you a risk taker? In games only or also in life?
No, I have never played Farkle...I had to google it (Ha!)
In life, I am not a risk taker, but Hubs was! So many risks he would take and I would worry and worry and he would say "It will be alright." AND he was right!
In games, I am a risk taker.
2. What's your favorite thing about your yard or whatever outdoor space you may have?
I have a huge back yard with a shade tree.
Now, that I am in charge of the lawn, I sometimes wish for a smaller yard.
About 9 years ago, hub and I went to DC. Hub had never been (he wasn't too much of a traveler) and we toured many buildings. The Smithsonian is always a favorite of mine.
BUT My Favorite of all times....
It would have to be the Biltmore. I love it and could go every month. Technically, it is a house, though.
4. In this current season of social distancing, what's something you've come to realize you take for granted in more ordinary times? Do you think you'll make a conscious effort to appreciate whatever that 'it' is once normal life resumes?
Running to the grocery store for an item I had forgotten. Some days I was at the grocery store 3 times in a day..always forgetting something. Now, I have a list and if I forget something I do not go back.
Something else I have taken for granted is human interaction. I miss human interaction and living by myself is BORING and LONELY!
I miss my grandsons. I would hop in the van and go to see them from time to time...always sure not to wear out my welcome BUT I sure miss them. We Facetime but it isn't the same. I miss the hugs and kisses.
5. Share a favorite song with a springtime flower in the lyrics somewhere.
The first song that came to my mind was 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a couple of surprises last week. I have been keeping Nate who is 11 years old since school has been out. We have been completing his school work each day. Last Tuesday, Nate didn't want to do much school work and I fussed at him explaining how important it was to keep up. That afternoon there was a knock on my door and there stood a lady with flowers.
Saturday, I had a nice surprise from a friend.
This being my first Mother's Day without my precious Amanda my friend said these would cheer me up.
Mother's Day was rough. I cried all day. That evening I pulled myself together and went for a ride. I love M & Ms with a beer and I was out of M & Ms. When I got home I made a sign and put it on Facebook.
I did this for a laugh. Low and behold I had three bags of M & Ms on my table.
It was nice catching up with these friends.
Wishing all a Blessed Week....Whisper a prayer for Liam he has to return to Niswonger Hospital Thursday and next Thursday...poor fellow can't catch a break. Thank-you
at May 13, 2020
1. If your life had a theme song for this past year what would it be? "Livin on a Prayer" 2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshak...
1. What surprises you the most about people? What surprises me the most about people is their lack of disrespect towards others and how n...
1. In two or three sentences describe yourself to someone who has never met you. You can hear Tammy coming because she walks or shall I s...
1. April 26th is National Audubon Day, honoring John James Audubon, the French-My ornithologist, naturalist, and painter known for his de...