Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. What is one cliche you think is nonsense? What's one you think holds truth? 

It goes without saying is one I think is nonsense.

Every cloud has a silver lining is one that holds truth.

2. What's the last thing you broke and how did it happen? 

No body parts, YET!!! I am so clumsy and with getting older, I am more clumsy than ever.

The last thing I broke was a picture frame.  Glass shattered everywhere and was a mess to clean up.

3. Are you a fan of s'mores? Have you had a s'more this summer? Last thing you ate that you wanted to ask for 's'more of'

I am a fan of s'mores but haven't had one this summer  :((

I had a meeting after school on Monday and didn't get home till 7:30!!  I was so hungry!  AND when I got home a package had arrived.  I had ordered the twins a grill with all the stuff.  There Were  34 pieces to assemble.  I cannot put stuff like this together even though I do read the directions.  A friend came and helped. He brought me a paw paw.  I have never eaten one.  It was delicious.  Maybe I was so hungry, I don't know, but boy I wished for s'more of them because it was close to 10pm when all was assembled.


4. A mode of transportation you've never tried? Will you someday? 

Traveling by train.  I would like to travel by train one day.

5. Believe it or not, next week's Hodgepodge lands in a brand new month. What's your happiest memory from the month we're bidding adieu? 

Seeing the fresh faces of my students.  AND a few of my previous 8th graders have e-mailed me saying how much they miss my class and are grateful for me making them write.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Seems like my little community can't get a break!  First, it was a policeman being shot and killed and NOW a prominent member of my community (Vice-Chairman of the School Board, President of the Touchdown Club, and a volunteer to many athletic events) has been arrested and charged by the FBI. Such a heart break for our community. I hope and pray the cliche doesn't hold true...Things come in THREES!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life



8 comments:

  1. Good for you getting that grill put together! There's a farm not too far from us that has apple picking, etc and I saw they also have pawpaws for picking now too. I don't think I've ever eaten one either. I forgot to answer the second part of the smores question. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness - I imagine your community is so upset about both of those thigs. I don't think I've ever eaten a pawpaw before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute grill. I bet they'll have a ball with it. So sorry for the things going on in your community. I hope you have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a gift plus a gift of you putting it together, too. How sweet to get those emails from former students! So sorry about the troubles in your community. I forgot about that saying, too. It comes in threes. Hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a grill like that years ago. I think it was a Webber. So nice how your students sent you those emails. Sorry to hear about your community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved traveling by train! Used to do it often but it's been quite a few years since my last train trip. How sweet about your students thanking you - that must just make your day! Hope you have a great week, and a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look up paw paw. What does it taste like? I love traveling by train, would love to do a cross-country trip one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it would be fun to travel by train as well. We have a lot of commuter trains here (if you can really call them trains) but to travel, for a vacation, by way of train would be fun. At least, I think it would!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Something that's had you  'chuffed to bits'  recently?  The Apple Festival!!!  Decorating the town is complete, the field i...