1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why?
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
A 5 -this not certainly being the best one ever-not very close. A lot of unforseen circumstances creeping up. On the other hand, not the worst one.
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
Growing up I would go back to Baltimore and spend the summer with my grandmother, my aunt and my uncle. I have a special aunt and uncle...While spending the summer with both of them I have so many fond memories....baking candy to sent my uncle who was in Vietnam, going to work with my aunt (secretary at the VA Hospital in Fort Howard, Maryland). I can remember not wanting to go come back home to Virginia. My aunt now lives in Ohio and has lung cancer. My uncle passed away a year ago...he named his second daughter after me..Tamara. I wish I could turn back time some days.
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?
No shaking heads please...but I don''t have a favorite food dipped in chocolate or cheese. I just love a plain ole chocolate candy bar and maybe just a plain ole' cheese dip for chips.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.
I was astonished Sunday!! not a good situation but sometimes one has to overlook people's actions.
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?
Last week ironed a few shirts--wrinkles bother me.
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
I don't think I could choose just one....Right now, my favorite would be when Jesus Heals the paralyzed man. My oldest daughter is facing a third open-heart surgery and I know Jesus can intervene and heal her. My thoughts on this story is I bet the paralyzed man did a little dance on the way home.
The one that I hold dear to my heart always is the resurrection of Jesus-without this, how can one have hope.
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
St.Louis-The Gateway Arch, New Orleans-French Quarter, Omaha-just to see this place. Flagstaff-want to see the Grand Canyon, Los Angelos-Hollywood walk of Fame
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We started some moving on Monday and still have a long way to go. I have been asked to sub the first day of school which will be August 10th this year. I don't think we can be moved by then.
But had a great weekend--some corn hole playing, go cart riding, and a picnic.