1. Tell us about your favorite moment or share one of the bright spots from the year we're leaving behind.
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
1. I feel like episode 400 cannot go without comment. That's a whole lot of Hodgepodging folks. 2000 questions if my math is right. So, what's something you feel like you do 400 times a week?
2. Tell us where you were and something about what your life looked like in the year 2000?
5. What's one thing you need or want to do before this year ends?
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Thank you Joyce for these questions!
1. What do you think it means to have the holiday spirit?
2. What's one thing you've baked this month? Have you eaten the finished product? How much baking do you do around the holidays? What baked sweet something does your family insist is on the menu during this season of the year?
3. Your most recent 'half-baked' idea?
4. Where were you the last time you 'baked' in the sun? The top ten sunniest destinations in the world (most sun from January-December according to this site) are Dubai, Bali Indonesia, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL, Barbados, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Mauritius, Antiqua, and the Canary Islands Spain. Have you been to any of the cities listed? Which one on the list appeals to you the most? If the world were not upside down crazy and you could lie on a beach anywhere right now where would you go?
5. Today I wish I had more _____________________.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
1. Here we are entering the last month of the year 2020. 2020!! Every year The Oxford English Dictionary publishing team chooses a word that captures the general mood of the year we're leaving behind, or the one word that will leave a lasting impact on the world at large. This year they needed sixteen words in order to cover the whole enchilada.
Of the words listed which ONE would you say should be in the number 1 spot? Which word/phrase on this list would you be happy to never hear again?
2. What one word from your own list of words describing this year sums up/best reflects your 2020? Tell us why.
3. Do you like peppermint? Peppermint mocha, a candy cane, peppermint bark, peppermint tea, York Peppermint Pattie, peppermint ice cream...of the peppermint treats listed, which one is your favorite? Will you bake anything featuring peppermint this holiday season?
4. Besides Christmas, what do you associate the color red with? How about the color green?
5. Is your tree up? Real or artificial? Is your house decorated? Is your shopping done? Started? Wrapped? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Scrooge-like and 10 being Buddy the Elf, how's your Christmas spirit?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a great rest of the week. Please Stay Safe and Enjoy Life.
1. Does anybody really know what day it is? Last week we skipped the Hodgepodge and I just assumed this week would find us in December, but ...
1. What surprises you the most about people? What surprises me the most about people is their lack of disrespect towards others and how n...
1. April 26th is National Audubon Day, honoring John James Audubon, the French-My ornithologist, naturalist, and painter known for his de...
1. It's National Read A Book Day...whatcha' reading? What's a book you want to read? The book I am reading is Sharp Objects...