1. This is the last Hodgepodge in April. Share something you learned this month.
Drawing a blank...
2. It's National Poetry Month, and we all know you can't escape an April Hodgepodge without a little poetry. Keeping the first line as is, change the rest of the wording in this familiar rhyme to make it your own - 'Hickory Dickory Dock...
Hickory, Dickory Dock
Listening for the school clock
Ticking, ticking, striking four
Heading towards the door
Grading papers once more.
3. What were one or two rules in the home you grew up in? Growing up, did you feel your parents were strict? Looking back do you still see it that way?
Never say you dislike something that was placed on the table to eat and always respect your elders. Honestly, I feel my parents were not that strict...demanding sometimes but not strict.
4. Tell us about a kitchen or cooking disaster or mishap you've experienced. Do you have many from which to choose?
I was boiling water (going to fix a boiled egg) and I forgot to put the egg in. The water evaporated. Most definitely have many cooking disasters....daughters still tell my meatloaf story and french fry story---I am too embarrassed to talk about these.
5. Plant a kiss, plant doubt, plant a tree, plant yourself somewhere...which on the list have you most recently planted?
Plant a kiss...daily
6. What's your most worn item of clothing this time of year? Are you tired of it?
Capri pants...not a bit tired of them.
7. I'm wrapping up the A-Z Blog Challenge this month and our Hodgepodge lands on letter W. What's one word beginning with W that describes you in some way? How about a word to describe your home, also beginning with W?
Watchful--I am doing a lot of this lately plus working!
Warming and Welcoming-I would use to describe my home.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
RAM is in our area this weekend--yes, I am helping out. Also this is the weekend for my team- Relay For Life yard sale! Busy, busy, busy..just hope the weather cooperates.