Sunday, April 3, 2016

A little bit of my weekend...






Weekend Recap
 Image result for flag banner clipart



I do believe the last few days the calendar has seemed more like March than April.  It was very windy on Friday and cool. I subbed at school and the wind was howling.
The sky was beautiful Friday.

  Later that evening, hub and I wanted to do 'something' but there wasn't anything going on.  Neither one of us were very hungry..so we didn't want to go to a restaurant to eat.  We decided to go to Macado's and share an appetizer.  At Macado's we ran into a few couples we hadn't seen in a long time.  Another friend walked in and he joined us.  Many laughs and reliving ole memories were shared...a great evening indeed.

Saturday morning the wind was howling....it was awful.  I was helping with our Relay For Life Beauty Pageant and had to be at school by 7:30am.  Walking from the car to the school, I thought I was going to blow away...terrible, terrible winds. The pageant did not begin till 10am. There is a lot of work to be done before the pageant begins....tables had to be hauled in and set up, programs had to be folded, decorations for the stage, people had to know what job they were in charge (holding, dressing area, taking up money, directing the participants where to go,  etc.)  I never knew this!!!




After helping with decorations and food, I was ready to do my job which was manning the dressing area.  There is no way I  could have chosen a winner.  All were winners in my book.  However, there was one little girl who had on the cutest outfit..an outfit her mom had made.  The little girl was around 16 months and she was wearing a wrestler outfit...purple shorts, white t-shirt with the purple relay sign, but her cape was purple and on the back it said, "Knock Out Cancer."  How adorable.  I didn't take a picture, but take my word for it...it was adorable.

Our MC was the cutest little thing...


The pageant ended and it was time to clean up and load the vehicles.  Gosh it was windy...
 Image result for windy
I told hub it was too windy to go anywhere that evening, so we just watched (well hub watched television), and I read my next book club's book...Ordinary Grace.  I only read a few chapters so far, and it seems interesting.  

I guess I was a little more tired than I realized because I went to bed before hub did which is very unusual.  The wind was still howling, like I have mentioned before.  I thought the roof of the house was coming off.  The howling wind must have really put me under.  When I woke the next morning, hub wasn't in bed.  Hub was on the couch sound asleep...I think I snored!

Daughter had went back home earlier this week.  She and her hub came down (she had forgotten some things...Imagine that??)  After church, we all went out to eat.  The wind had downed some...but still windy.

I am ready for some nice warm weather this week, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Have a Blessed Week and Enjoy Life.

1 comment:

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...