Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. What's the last thing you completely overreacted to? 

I was in a tizzy yesterday.  I was working on some very important paperwork.  We have a computer system at school that I have to use.  The computer system will send a list of RED lines if something is not correct.  When I had gotten to the end, I had at least TEN Red lines showing.  I kept looking back and could not find my mistake.  I gave up and took the work home to complete. After THREE hours of working at home, I gave up again.  Those red lines wouldn't go away.  When I got to school yesterday, my level of tizzy was 100%.  The parents were coming in an hour, and I still couldn't find mistake!!  I asked a coworker and BAM!! she saw my mistake in less than TWO minutes.  I had put a comma instead of a decimal with a number!!  GEEZ!!!

2. Your top five snacks? 

Apple with peanut butter

Chips/dip

M & M's

Nabs (peanut butter crackers)

Pretzels


3. What smell always brings back some type of memory? Elaborate. 

The smell of rain.  We have had some rain lately.  I remember sitting on the front porch, in the summer, with my dad and hearing the rain come across the mountain.  I could smell the rain, an earthly smell, as  it hit the asphalt.  My dad and I had many conversations while sitting and smelling the rain.  I miss those days.


4. What's something you learned from the last book you read? 

The last book I read was, The Only One Left,  by Riley Sager. I guess I learned, that we all get accused of something we did not do.

5. What's the next thing on your to-buy list? Will you make that purchase before the end of the year? 

Nothing specific.  I had planned on buying some gravel (red rock) to put down a long my carport, but now that I am in school, I don't think I will.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My grandsons had their first flag football game on Saturday.  Let me just say, it was NOT flag football.  The other team tackled.  I was not a happy Mamaw!!!  My daughter kept telling me to quit yelling, but that did not stop me!  Flag football is flag football not tackle.  AND it was HOT!!! I was sweating in places, I never knew I could sweat.  My grandsons were running up and down the field and I know they were hot! Even though, they were keeping dehydrated, they were still hot!

The coaches did bring snacks and drinks after the game, and they all seemed to have enjoyed playing.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

4 comments:

  1. I love your answer about the smell of rain. I'm glad your coworker helped fix your problem. That must have been very frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got your problem solved. How frustrating! I love the smell of rain too, and if it's not crazy rain I like to sit on the porch and listen to it fall. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been there with flag; we played a couple teams where they didn't take the flag rules seriously. Sure, they were penalized by refs but I always hated that too. There's a reason people choose flag over tackle so, stick to the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell and the sound of rain. I forgot to put pretzels on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Something that's had you  'chuffed to bits'  recently?  The Apple Festival!!!  Decorating the town is complete, the field i...