Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1.What was the best (or one of the best) summers of your life? Tell us why. 

It would have to be in 1981.  That is the year hub and I were married and I was a June bride!  That first year had many ups and downs (just adjusting to one another) but it was the best summer EVER!

2. When you have a trip coming up do you make a list and check it twice to ensure you don't forget anything? Or are you a 'throw whatever you can think of into the suitcase at the last minute' kind of packer? When returning from a trip do you unpack immediately or leave the suitcase right where it lands? 

I am a make a list and check it twice person AND I still forget something!!  (blaming this on my age).  I immediately unpack when returning home.  The only time I didn't immediately unpack was when returning from Hawaii.  Left Hawaii at 3pm (their time), arrived in Texas around 7am, arrived in Atlanta around 10am.   My plane from Atlanta to Bristol was to take off at 12pm.  Well, that didn't happen.  My plane from Atlanta to Bristol didn't take off till 7pm!!  I arrived home around 9pm and was dog tired so the suitcases were left till the next morning!

3. What's your favorite food or beverage made with lemons? Is that a flavor you enjoy? 

I always have lemons in my water!   My favorite food would be lemon bars.  I enjoy lemons.

4. When was the last time you had to make lemonade out of lemons, figuratively speaking I mean? 

I am drawing a blank!!  ugh

5. Did you like school growing up? Why or why not? 

I did like school growing up.  My high school was small, and we were a close knit family.  A few of us have kept in touch over the years, and this is nice.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We had a tragedy in our community last Friday.  A sheriff officer had stopped a vehicle for speeding.  The citation was given, and the officer went back to his vehicle.  The person he had stopped starting blowing his horn, the officer thought something was the matter and he approached the man in the vehicle.  The man in the vehicle shot the officer and killed him.  I knew the officer.  He was only 28, married, and had three small children.  This officer was also the one who performed CPR on my daughter the night she passed away.

Hug your loved ones a little more tighter.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life

Such a senseless act and a tragedy!  My heart hurts for this family.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how awful! So young and a young family too. Heartbreaking. I loved the summer I was first married too. Those were idyllic days figuring out how life would look as a married couple. Take care Tammy. I'm sure the community is grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awful! That shooter must have been unhinged! Sorry to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - what a tragedy. So sorry to read that. Will certainly say a prayer for his family...and your community. These things affect everyone. I enjoyed reading your other answers. Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how tragic.
    These things seem to happen all too much now. So sad for his family. I will pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, that is so tragic. I'm so sorry for the loss of that young man just doing his job to make his community safer. I'm also sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. Praying as I type for comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a horrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for the loss of a good man doing his job. Praying that God comforts his family in a very special way, and brings the community together to help.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Something that's had you  'chuffed to bits'  recently?  The Apple Festival!!!  Decorating the town is complete, the field i...