Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. Something you're working on currently? 

Currently working on two things right now!  One, I am trying to clean off my garden.  My garden didn't do so well in this summer with the heat and very little rain.  BUT, I can't control the weather.  Number Two...I am Vice-President of the Apple Festival.  This is a festival that happens at the end of September for three days!!  We have inside exhibits (flower show, baking, canning, art, and photography will be all inside), train rides, a parade, and 83 vendors!  It is a lot of work but is worth it.

2. Tell us something about your first job? Was it a positive or negative experience for you? Did your parents insist you work while in school (either high school or college) or did you work because you wanted to? 

My first job was working in a factory while in college.  It was an experience, believe me!!  I knew there was no way I wanted to do this type of work for the rest of my life.  My parents didn't really insist on me getting a job, but they recommended it.  It was neither too positive or negative....let me just say, I learned a lot!!

3. Have you ever had a job that required overnight travel? How did you feel about that? Have you ever had a job that required you to wear a uniform? Do you work better in the morning or at night? 

My job doesn't require overnight travel.  However, I have had to be a presenter at a Reading Conference.  This would require overnight travel.  I really didn't mind this because after the conference we would go out to eat and of course do some shopping.  The difficult part was sneaking stuff I had bought into the house!  Never had to wear an uniform at my job.  I am a little of both when it comes to working in the morning or night.  If I have had a really rough day, then there is no way I can work at night. I would set my alarm clock an hour early and finish my work then. 

4. What's something you bake or cook that is labor intensive? Is it worth it? 

I would say my apple dumplings.  Yes, it is worth it to me and to my family.

5. One thing you're looking forward to in the month of September? 

I have out of town guests (4 maybe 5 girls....two from Roanoke, one from Richmond, one from Boston and one from Bristol).  I can't wait!!  I am trying to prepare food needs and what nots.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


These cute three boys had a football game Saturday.  It was hot!!  AND they played at 1:00pm!!  My cousin's hub took them in his office to cool off and I followed!!  Why do they play in the hottest part of the day?  To me, they should play at 9:00am!!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers! I've wondered why they schedule those games for the middle of the day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there are so many games and teams now someone has to play late. Do they always play at that time? The Apple Festival sounds like a lot of fall fun! Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All too familiar with playing in the heat. My kids have done all the sports and sometimes I wonder how they expect them to perform in these temps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have guests coming to visit! I love having someone's visit to look forward to and to motivate me to get my house ready. I remember those days of my kids playing sports during the heat of the day. Sometimes the schedules are full and it can't be helped, but playing in full sun when it's hot can be risky. Glad your crew could cool off! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers. Apple dumplings sound really good. My girls played soccer and while we live in the PNW where temps can be more mild, we've had our fair share of "hot" games for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. When the Hodgepodge lands on September 11th I want to acknowledge that. Will you purposely pause to remember, pray, or attend any sort ...