Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. Something that's had you 'chuffed to bits' recently? 

The Apple Festival!!!  Decorating the town is complete, the field is lined for all the vendors, people know what is expected of them ---which station to supervise, judges for beauty pageant is complete!!!!  

This huge task is coming together nicely!!


2. Tell us about an instance recently where you were tempted to 'throw a wobbly' (expression used to describe tantrums thrown, usually by adults or people who should know better) 

Just the other day when a sixth grader asked me for the 20th time something that I had already explained and given more than enough examples to complete the task!!!

3. Something everyone seems to love but is not your 'cuppa tea'

Starbucks.  Their coffee is just not my 'cuppa tea'.  I think it is too strong for me.

4. Fish and chips, bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding...which entree would you choose? Yes, you have to choose. 

Love me some fish and chips!!

5. Something you want for your birthday this year? 

My birthday was two months ago...just smooth sailing...no drama, no political controversy


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Finally, received some MUCH needed rain yesterday!!!  Many farmers are having to buy hay because of the drought we are experiencing.  For the first time in THREE years, I was unable to grow pumpkins for my grandsons because of the hot summer and drought! ugh!!!

3 comments:

  1. We're in need of rain too. It hovers but never really lets loose. I'm glad the apple festival is coming togehter and hope it's a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd send my rain to you if I could; we've had enough, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need rain really bad too. Awesome that the apple festival is all coming together. Hope you'll have great weather for it.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Something that's had you  'chuffed to bits'  recently?  The Apple Festival!!!  Decorating the town is complete, the field i...