Wednesday, May 27, 2020
1. The US of A celebrated Memorial Day this past Monday. Does your family have any military ties? If so, tell us about them.
My uncles were all in the military and fought in WWII and in the Vietnam War.
2. Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips, mac and cheese, macaroni salad...your favorite BBQ side? How many of these do you make from scratch vs. buying from the deli?
I love potato salad. I usually make potato salad, macaroni salad, and baked beans from scratch. Usually buy cole salad and Mac and Cheese...I have met the most wonderful chef..Bob Evans most of his stuff is really good.
If you haven't checked him out...do!
3. I enjoyed asking this question back when the Hodgepodge was a regular thing...Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen's English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2020 list includes-quid pro quo, artisanal, curated, influencer, literally, I mean, living my best life, mouthful (word used by foodies to describe texture of food in their mouth), chirp (basically an insult, you can read more on the website), jelly (short for jealous), totes (short for totally), vibe, and OK Boomer (internet response from millenial to older generation).
Of the words/phrases listed which would you most like to see 'banned'?
Since, I am considered the older generation, definitely OK Boomer would be banned!!
4. I'm sure next year's list will be filled with words springing out of this weird season we're all in currently. What word or phrase associated with the Corona would you be happy to hear less often?
Are you wearing a mask or not?
Do you wear gloves?
The numbers keep climbing!!
5. The month of May wraps up in just a few days. Bid her adieu in ten words or less.
Hoping the month of June is much better than May!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Was able to spend some time with my aunt and her family this weekend.
I borrowed this from my daughter's FB...Gosh I can't wait to hug these boys!!
Have a great rest of the week....Enjoy Life!
at May 27, 2020
1. Does anybody really know what day it is? Last week we skipped the Hodgepodge and I just assumed this week would find us in December, but ...
1. What surprises you the most about people? What surprises me the most about people is their lack of disrespect towards others and how n...
1. April 26th is National Audubon Day, honoring John James Audubon, the French-My ornithologist, naturalist, and painter known for his de...
1. It's National Read A Book Day...whatcha' reading? What's a book you want to read? The book I am reading is Sharp Objects...