Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond


1. This time last year where were you?

This time last year, I was still home babysitting my grandson, Blake, BUT I was planning my trip to Hawaii.  Oh what a fun time we had.


2. In honor of National Pink Day (June 23rd) tell us your favorite pink food or beverage. Was it on the menu at your house yesterday? Do you like to wear the color pink? If we came to visit would we find this color in your home decor? Blush-fuschia-salmon-raspberry-your favorite shade of pink?


I can't think of any pink foods!!  I have been drinking ...
it is so refreshing.Seagram's Coolers Escapes Wild Berries 4 pack 12 oz. - Central ...

I have not been a fan of the color pink.  However, my late hub was.  He loved the color pink and even had a pink high school class ring.

My favorite shade of pink would have to be blush fuschia.

3. Stop and smell the roses, looking through rose colored glasses, a rose by any other name, not all moonlight and roses, no rose without a thorn...which rosy saying currently fits your life in some way? Explain.

I have a hard time of slowing down.  I am always in a rush, what for?  I will never know.  I can't stand having nothing to do.  Even now, being quarantined and not going anywhere, I get so bored.  Taking walks along the park, my mind is rushing thinking of things to do and being by myself there is nothing to do!!
Even as a young girl, I remember my dad saying to me, "Stop Tammy and smell the roses."
DIY Iron on Stop and Smell the Roses Vinyl Transfer | eBay
I would reply to my dad, "When I stop the world stops!"





4. Are you a 'reader'? Do you tend to read lighter books in the summer months? Do you have a summer reading list? If so, give us a title or two.

I am reader!  Thankful that is something I enjoy doing.  I don't have a summer reading list, but the ones I have loved so far is Far from the Tree  by Robin Benway, The Guest Book by Sarah Blake and I am currently reading We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter.
Can't wait to see what others are reading to add to my list.

5. Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend.

Being able to attend Sunday School this week was a blessing.  My church had opened back up but not the Sunday School Classes.  Meeting in small groups for our lesson was a blessing for me.

Thorn....don't get me started but dealing with people when having cell phone problems and you can't understand what the person is saying and what the person is telling you to do isn't working..UGH!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Getting some much needed outside work done around the house!  One step at a time is what I have been telling myself.

5 comments:

  1. I always have to be doing something too so this time has been challenging to keep my mind occupied. I have had more time to read and study which has been good. Technology issues are so hard to resolve when someone is telling you what to do as if it is so easy. My laptop crashed last week and I spent way too many hours on the phone trying to get it fixed, but eventually it worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like most of us on the HOdgePodge are readers. Interesting to see what everyone likes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try those Seagram's Escapes ASAP, looks so good! Hope you have a productive day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've been all that productive during this social distancing season. Yesterday I finally emptied out my bathroom vanity and reorganized everything, threw a lot away and it felt good. I've been saying I was going to do this since March, but every day I'd walk by the counter and think eh. Still glad it's done and I will continue to do small organizational projects, but nothing too taxing. Take care and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Seagram's beverage looks delish.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...