Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day 14 A - Z Challenge Never Forget

#AtoZChallenge 2020 badge

Day 14 of the A - Z Challenge still scooting along.

Never Forget

waking up at 3:30 A.M. all the time - Home | Facebook

January 1, 2020 at 3:30am is etched in my mind forever.  The phone rang (at 3:30 am the first signal) and it was my aunt, Ellen.  Ellen told me that Amanda was on her way to the hospital and Ellen's daughter and husband were on their way to get me. What? trying to get my faculties to focus.  I sprang up and quickly got dressed. As soon as I went to the sun room there was a knock on the door....there stood a policeman.  My body began to shake and I was trembling.  My aunt's daughter and her husband pulled in my driveway shortly afterwards.  On the way to the hospital, I keep thinking...all is okay because I had just spoken to her 4 hours earlier.  I kept replaying the day before in my mind and how happy we were.
Arriving at the hospital, I was taken into a room.  There sat her husband and his parents and the doctor and a couple of other people (I think).  The doctor preceded to tell me that my daughter had passed away.  I was inconsolable and began asking her husband, who was in disbelief, what happened.  I can still see the look on his face...his brokenhearted, grief-stricken face. 

The rest of the day is a blur...and maybe this is good for me, I don't know.

 BUT I will NEVER forget that  wretched,  doleful, gloomy, brokenhearted, grief-stricken early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...