Saturday, April 17, 2021

April A-Z Challenge...Letter 'O'

 












                                          O

                      Open My Eyes and Heart


   Opening my eyes requires me to take notice.  I asked myself what would I miss seeing if I woke up one morning and could not see.  I would miss my ability to move around freely, to drive a vehicle, to read a book, to see the smiles on my grandkids, to see the beauty of a sunrise/sunset...  Ordinary beauty I take for granted daily.

 I was too wrapped up in my own little world.  God created a beautiful world for me to enjoy.  My new beginning is taking a few minutes to see all the beauty around me and thank God for his creation.

Not only have I missed out on the everyday beauty, but I also started thinking about my spiritual blindness.  Spiritual blindness is a great tragedy.  I, on the other hand, want to have more spiritual vision.  To have more faith and open my heart more.

My new start is to open my eyes and heart to see beyond what is in this world.



                

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...