Saturday, April 3, 2021

April A- Z Challenge...Letter 'C'

 



                                                                              

                                    C

                                          Choices

Everyday we are confronted with choices.  Some have minimal consequences while others are life threanening.

I read somewhere that the average person makes thousands of choices daily...what time do I set my alarm?, what am I going to wear to school?, what shall I pack for my lunch?, should I look at social media or not? and the list goes on and on and on.  I never realized how many choices I make daily.

Around the age of 12, I chose to follow Christ.  Graduating from high school, graduating from college, getting married, moving, starting a family, and I still claimed I was following Jesus.  But was I? My family and I went to church and even taught children's program. I cant' remember being angry at God...EVER  Until...

Grief happened.  Grief is hard.  I get angry at people and say a few choice words (words I never said before grief entered my life and I am so ashamed of myself afterwards), hold on to grudges, and forgiveness was not in my vocabulary.

No one has a choice to survive grief, it isn't optional (I read this somewhere).  But I do have a choice in how I handle situations and how I live.  I don't have to get angry or bitter and forgiving someone frees me. 

Two choices I will make everyday in this new beginning me:
1.  To truly follow Christ not just go through the motions...God is a forgiving person and I am human. Take Christ with me as walk out my door.
2.  Today is going to be better than the day before...repeat, repeat, and repeat this to myself every morning.

I get to choose!!!   

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. '"  (John 8:12) The Good News: As long as you walk with Jesus, you will always know where you're meant to be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter V

  V Veggies 'Smile you're on veggie camera' I love vegetables more than meat.  I can do without meat, but not my veggies. In my ...