Wednesday, April 7, 2021

April A - Z Challenge... Letter 'F'

                           

                                       F

                               Fear Not

My husband passed away in 2018; we were married 37 years.  I leaned a lot on my husband for car maintenance, house repairs, yard work, decisions I needed to hash out , and other stuff that would need tending.




Now it is only me.  Let me tell you, I freak out when something breaks; I mean I literally make myself sick!  Possible scenarios of things that could happen run through my mind.  FEAR...Example...when I had to go and get gas for my lawn mower, I became petrified.  Can I fill up the gas container without spilling gas everywhere?, Am I able to carry the container of gas?,  Can I secure the container correctly in the truck so if I hit a bump ( I know I will) in the road the gas won't turn over and gas spill out in the bed of the truck?,  What if someone hits me, will I blow up?  This probably sounds crazy to most, but I had these genuine fears.

I am not even going to mention the strange noises I hear in the middle of the night.  I tell ya'll there are some strange noises in my house in the wee hours of the morning.

                                                              Fear Not
A healthy fear can keep me from harm.  But I was learning to be afraid; my mind was creating most of these fears which isn't healthy.  Was I going to live in a constant state of fear? OR learn to let go of some of the fears that were created in my mind?

"Don't fear, because I am with you; don't be afraid; for I am your God..." (Isaiah 41:10)

As I begin to enjoy life, I pray God will quiet my fears.



 

1 comment:

  1. I think worry and fear are ongoing struggles for many of us. I pray against it regularly and have memorized verses to say when I feel it rear it's head. That has really helped.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. The Olympics kick off this coming weekend. Will you be watching? If you could watch just one event in person, which one would you choos...