Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com

1.. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I would rather talk to everyone at a crowded party--Mingle, Mingle.  Of course, I wouldn't mind striking up a meaningful conversation with a couple of people.







2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
My mother had this huge mirror hanging on a wall behind our couch.  Whenever we moved the couch, we had to make sure the mirror would also go.  Growing up, I remember stopping in front of the couch, looking in the mirror to make sure all my hair was in place before going to school or on a date.  Mother said the mirror belonged to her grandmother.  Now I wonder, where is the mirror and what happened to it?





3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
I don't hog the bed.  We have a king-size bed and I sleep on the edge.  So close to the edge that when I turn one alarm clock (I set more than one alarm clock) in the morning, my body will sometimes hit the floor.  My husband will roll over, peek over the edge of the bed, and ask "are you okay?".  Before he rolls back to his side of the bed, he says go ahead and turn the other alarm clock off!  After a few moans, I manage to pull myself off the floor and limp (yeah, limp) to the shower.
Snore---I say I don't, but my husband will say that's not true!!!!!




4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
I have only eaten lamb once and that was a long time ago. 
So for Easter we will probably have a roast or ham, potato salad, green beans, rolls, dessert (can't decide right now) mac/cheese (a must with #2 daughter).  I think this is pretty good for me since I absolutely can't stand to cook!!!!!



5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
Not a clue to the whereabouts of my birth certificate.  I have the slightest clue as to when I used it last.  Do you need it to get married?   Where is the darn thing?  Then I began looking for my daughters' birth certificates--Whew--found theirs!!  Now where is mine????



6. As a child, how did people describe you?
I was described as a 'daddy's girl'.  I was very close to him and miss him dearly.  Daughter #2 is described as a 'daddy's girl.' 

They both love to pose for the camera!!!






7. What do you complain about the most?
I complain about being a 'maid.'  I really don't have enough time for myself and I begin to complain.  After complaining, I feel guilty!!!  Gosh--my husband tells me to just be glad I am healthy to do what I complain about.  I need to be more like him!!!!!






8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just found out the school board (after state approval) has forgave three whole days!!!!  We don't have to make up three days of school, of course teachers will have to stay at school an extra 18 hrs. without students!!!  Huh?????

Have a great day!!!  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter T

  T Tomatoes   When I first started planting a garden, I had no idea what I was doing.  But I love it! I bought my tomato plants home and ca...