Wednesday, April 27, 2011

http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/
Wednesday's Hodgepodge


1. What is something that bothers you if it is not done perfectly?
Making up a bed!!!!  This is a huge pet peeve of mine.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but very, very NEATLY!!!!  My daughters say I am OCD in this department.  Making my bed neatly, sets the tone for my day.





2. What is one of your best childhood memories?
The neighborhood I grew up in was a tight-knit community.  The houses were on top of each other-if you know what I mean.  A fond memory is we (about 20 of us) would play 'kick-the-can' in the road when weather permitted.  Of course, there was not much traffic then like there is now.  We would play for hours and hours.  Just think-the can cost of nothing!!! and we exercised while doing this!!!!  Forgot to mention-we all helped each other with chores so we could go outside to play.  What happened to those days????




3. Do you plan to watch the Royal Wedding and when was the last time you wore a hat?
Definitely!!!!  I don't know if I will be able to get up that early though, so I am planning on watching it when I get home from school.  Hats---I love hats!!  I tell people I was born in the wrong decade.  If I am outside working in the flower bed, I will wear a hat.  Otherwise, it has been at least 15 plus years since I have wore a hat formally.




4. Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? Do you think this has influenced your personality?
Oldest-I have a younger brother.  I think being the oldest does put more responsibility on you.  Wonder if my brother thinks this????




5. Where do you think you spend most of your money?
I don't think--I know---College tuition hands down!!!!




6. When you need to confront someone would you rather communicate in person, on the phone, by email or by letter? Why?

Confrontation--not for me.  However, if I had to confront someone, it would be face-to-face.  This way the person would know exactly what I meant by something (could tell by body language) and there would not be any room for misinterpretation.








7. Dodge ball, freeze tag, kickball or jump rope? You have to pick one.
Jump rope--a little story here.  #2 daughter plays college basketball, and she tries to stay in shape during the summer.  One way (according to trainer) is to jump rope 5 minutes without stopping.  It gets kinda boring so sometimes she asks me jump with her.  Have you ever tried jumping for 5 minutes without stopping-using an athletic jump rope?  Well, it isn't easy-take my word for it.  While I am jumping, I sing or try to talk-daughter tells me I can't sing or talk.  Why I ask her-because coach says we can't.  After a few minutes (no way 5), I have to stop.  Daughter says to me, "Mom you can't stop and rest."  Again-I reply--"Why not?" She replies "Coach says we can't stop."  I reply--"Watch me." 




8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is the 10th straight night I have kept grandson over night. Charlie's son goes back to the dr. tomorrow and his son's mom is coming in and she wants to keep him for a couple of nights.  So, I guess it will be strange here tomorrow night.
Have a good rest of the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter O

  O Ocean The Ocean is My Happy Place When I am at the ocean, my senses are engaged in new sights, smells, tastes, and sounds.  The ocean im...