Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tammy-Enjoy Life

Wednesday's Hodgepodge


http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/

1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map?

ABSOULTELY---no sense of direction.  On road trips, I tell husband to go left and I know he must go right....  I rely on a GPS when driving somewhere.  The last time I used a map was probably about four years ago at an amusement park.









2. What's your favorite cookbook?

I have a few cookbooks, but not a favorite one.



3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why?

I am a fan of any Thomas Kinkade paintings.  His paintings of cottages, snow scenes, and just a cozy life are so real to me.   Because his paintings are so detailed, he makes me want to look through the windows of a house to see what is going on. However, on a sour note-I read somewhere he was arrested for DUI.  I hope my information is incorrect!!!  His painting scenes of pastoral life does not reflect this, but......I don't know for sure if this is true or not.





4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations?

Mispronunciations, I guess, annoy me the most.  I can't put my finger on the reason why.  Maybe it is because mispronunciations lead to misspellings.



5. What is something your mother or father considered important?

The golden rule--"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  Treat people as you want to be treated.  What would it be like if EVERYONE in the world, treated each other that way?  Wouldn't it be an incredible world?  Everyone caring about each other!!!!  Can it be that way?????




6. Do you like or dislike schedules?

Must admit-I like schedules.  To me, schedules help keep some order in my life.  I like knowing where and when I need to be doing something.  When we go on vacation, I have a schedule for us to follow.  When the girls were younger, they were okay with this, but not now!!!!!  So now I am the one trying to fit into their schedule!!!!!!!!



7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-





"Roses are Red

Violets are blue..."

Tulips are opening
Come on, Let's Sing!!










8. Insert your own random thought in this space.
What a Monday night.  Daughter #1 called and her car alarm kept going off.  Now she had a big pharmacy exam Tuesday.  She kept shutting it off, but it kept going off.  She called and we (well mostly her dad) was telling her what all to try to do--nothing worked.  People were knocking on her door-telling her to turn the alarm off-which she was!!!!  But living in an apartment complex, I know the noise was nerve wrecking-but what could she had done.  So about 4:00 am my husband heads over to get her car.  He disabled the alarm-it was coming from the truck of the car.  We took her vehicle back-she has a rotation tomorrow and has to travel at least an hour for this-so as parents we do what we need to do!!!  Right?  Now Momma is very tired!  But after a good night's (part of a night is still left) rest, I will be brand new.

I keep thinking of a verse in Psalms-(I think Psalms 81) For God has given us these times of joy-There is joy in what we do, we just have to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...