Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?


Take Airborne--this was created by a teacher and I swear by this.  When stomach virus, flu, etc. is raging, I take this as a precaution--it works.  My daughter (#1) who is in pharmacy school, says it doesn't work, but that it is all in my head.  This is okay with me!!!!




Yes, I will definitely take the flu shot.

2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?

The only person who can conquer fear is you.  A person has to recognize his/her fear and then take the necessary steps to defeating it.  To this day, I am SCARED!!!  of water.  As a young child (my dad said I was 11 yrs. old at the time), I went swimming.  I was swimming underwater and I got stepped on and fainted in the water.  The lifeguard on duty saved me, but I still have nightmares about this. Both my daughters are fantastic swimmers, and I am the one who is a nervous wreck while watching them in the water. 
I still haven't gotten over this fear.  My husband and I had an in ground swimming pool  and the girls loved it.  I would call the neighbors and invite them swimming because I knew if something would happen, leg cramp, etc. I don't know if I could help my daughters.



3. Share two good things about your life right now.
Family---such a special treat when we all are together and celebrating a happy occasion
Friendships----can't live without my friends



4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?

I like looking at fashion magazines, but I can't really say I follow the fashion trend.  Heck, with two daughters still in college, I can't afford too!!   My youngest daughter often comments about my jeans--she calls them mommy jeans.



5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?

I was in the Brownies and Girl Scouts.  Both daughters were involved in scouts.



6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?

Pumpkin------





7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?


Love what they do.  Today I see many teachers just putting in time, but not really loving his/her teaching job.
Admirable--and they set examples for their students.
Good communicator--must be able to explain things using the right words.
Have a good sense of humor---show students you do laugh.
Be a good leader and a friend.
I could go on and on,,,,maybe one day I will use this as my topic in my blog.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Charlie's oncologist appointment was rescheduled to October--:(
                  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...