Wednesday, September 28, 2011

fall...hum...feels like summer still.....






1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?
I can't just pick one favorite memory---so many memories from seeing ole college friends, to cookouts, to seeing ole friends from high school,to visiting New York,  to playing with grandson and all the library visits.  However, my most relaxing moment--when Charlie and I went for a few days to Pigeon Forge--just the two of us.  No one to wake us up, no one to tell us they were hungry, no one to tell us what they wanted to do.....very relaxing few days and very enjoyable.  Sometimes we all need to just get away for a few days.





2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?
Pecans






3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?
Turning off the alarm clocks---I usually fall out of bed!




4. How would you describe your sense of humor?
I like humor that can be funny without being at the expense of others.  I don't like insulting, smarty humor.  I would describe my humor as very simple.





5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?

A stupid question is one not asked.  Some interesting questions from my 8th graders during a Smart Block session: teaching about synonyms/antonyms-using the book--Thesaurus--question-What is a synonym for thesaurus?  I asked a student if he was drawing a blank when he couldn't think of an answer.  The student answered--"How can you draw a blank"?
Now some for you to ponder:

How can there be self-help “groups”?


What do you call a bedroom with no bed in it?


What do batteries run on?
Hmmmmm......


6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.

Roller skates!



7. What's your most sentimental possession?
My father's class ring. I was a daddy's girl and even though he has been dead for 27 years, I still miss him dearly.  There are days when I wish I could talk to him and get his advice.
My second most sentimental possession would be the pictures I have taken of my daughters.



8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hoping my husband's oncologist appointment isn't cancelled for Monday and praying for good check-up.  Still dealing with issues-sometimes it is so difficult watching someone make a mistake and not listening to your advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...