Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tattoo-for me....


I don't know if I am going through a mid-life crisis but......I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. I don't want one that is huge or very noticeable-just a small one.
My husband thinks I am crazy.  He may have a point because I am totally scared of needles.  How I managed to have children is beyond me with all the prodding and poking I had to go through.
Back to the tattoo.
I tried to explain...I think they are cute.  When I bring the subject up,  I always see someone with a HUMONGOUS ONE-and...hub and I just look at each other-but hub has a look in his eye that says...see this is what people will be thinking about you when you get your tattoo.
My youngest daughter was seeing a fellow who had a tattoo on his shoulder extending down to his arm.  I kept staring  and staring and staring.  Finally, I gave up and had to ask him what his tattoo represented.  I was expecting a story but all he responded was I don't know-I just wanted this.  No wonder I couldn't figure out his tattoo, it was just lines and lines and I didn't really like it anyway. Another look from my 
husband...and conversation ended.
Service men/women have tattoos that symbolized their branch in the service. I use this point with hub,only to hear him say--and what service were you in....I respond the service of being a Mother.  I was just as dedicated to this job as men/women were and still are to our country.  As you can tell-I am grasping at straws.
Honestly, hub won't be very upset if I get a tattoo-I just would want him to think of it as...something cute.  Hub buys cars after cars after cars.  Sometimes I think he was in the wrong profession-he should have owned a car dealership instead of an insurance business.  We have been married 30 years and have owned 20 cars.  Right now we have 6 vehicles for 4 people to drive...and you still want another car and like looking at cars. This will be another story for another time. I want a tattoo and I like looking at pictures of small, cute tattoos.
I have found the tattoo  I want... I want a toe tattoo.  I want this to look like a toe ring. Hub replies..."When you wear socks and shoes who will see it?"  I reply---"Me".  

I want one like this.  
Looking for tattoo parlors, is hard to do when you live in a small town.  One name stuck out-and has remained in my mind---
Painfully Pleasures-yep this was the name all right.  Hum....now I had to check it out.  Looks nice and presentable and clean....but the name Painfully Pleasures has me second guessing myself.  How painful will this be only for my pleasure?
I haven't given up on the idea...not just yet...just still thinking about it.  Also, I am thinking and have wanted for some time a belly ring--but can't find a ring big enough--maybe a hog ring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge Letter S

  S Sunrise/Sunset I have two for this one. Sunrise Let’s be clear, I DO NOT get up every morning to see the sunrise. A sunrise to me is the...