Wednesday, June 22, 2011










1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer.
My favorite sight of summer would have to be seeing flowers everywhere and the fireworks on the Fourth of July; my favorite sound would be the laughter of children playing outside and hearing fireworks.  Aw..the smell --barbecuing on the grill-any type of food.  I am soo blessed having a hub who loves to grill!!!!!



2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?

Lightning bugs.  I remember as a child trying to catch lightning bugs in a jar.  My whole neighborhood would be on a lightning bug hunt!!!  Do kids do this today?

3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?
Saturday we went to meet #2daughter's new college basketball coach.  All the girls were acting silly and just having a good time.  I remember my college days-just acting silly and having a Great Time!!!!

4. Define 'the good life'.
The good life would be no health problems and peace.


5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?
My desk would be a total disaster until the end of the day.  I keep paperwork all piled up-and sorted-work to do now, papers graded, and a Do Now folder.  There is a difference between do no and Do Now folders.  The Do Now means just that Do Now before leaving school, and the do now is get this done before tomorrow.  Did I mention all folders are colored coded.


6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.
Definitely watermelon.  I love this so much I can eat the rind-shocking to some!!! and it is fun just spitting the seeds out!!  We had a contest at school-years ago-who could spit the seeds the farthest!

Of course, now that I am  getting older, I tend to stay up half the night using the bathroom--too much water!!

7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.
Only once when recently married.  My hub and I had a pool in the back yard and late one night we went skinny dippin.

8.  Random thoughts.
My husband's cousin, who was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle, had his doctor appointment today.  His leg is -femur is completely shattered-and will have to take shock treatments to see if the bone will fuse back together.  If insurance will not cover the cost-Dr. want to start the treatments soon, he will have to wait 3 months!!!  Unbelievable!!!!  I explained to his wife when Charlie was scheduled for a scan due to his colon cancer the insurance company told me this was experimental!!!  Boy did I give them a mouthful!!!  I mean what is experimental about having colon cancer??????  Personally, insurance companies are ........you may fill in the blank!!!!!!!
Have a great day!!!! and Enjoy Life!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...