Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weekend Rewind..



Weekend Rewind....
...

So Glad to have the weekend....
This past week I had bus duty every morning, a conference to attend Monday evening till 7p.m, a meeting Tuesday after school, Thursday was our county's Parent/Teacher Conference Night, Friday evening opened up the coffee shop after school....so Geez...what more could a girl want??


This week our CMS Relay for Life Team had a pumpkin decorating contest.  Teachers (if they choose to participate) have their first period class decorate a pumpkin. As the students go to lunch, they vote on their favorite pumpkin by placing money in the jug -that matches the pumpkin.  The pumpkin that collects the most money is the winner.  A friendly competition between classes, and a great way to raise moeny for our Relay for Life Team (which is an organization dear to my heart). We had some interesting pumpkin designs---from an ice cream cone, tin man, gumball machine, to cookie monster




My town celebrated Halloween on Saturday.  There was a high school football game on Friday-Senio Night-so Trick-or-Treat was schedule for Saturday.  Woke up on Saturday to frigid temps and snow on the ground.



I imagine my flowers will not last much longer.

Despite the frigid temps, we still had many little ones braving the cold to trick-or treat.  Usually, I get all excited about seeing the little ones, but this year I was in a hurry to leave-our Praise Band from the church I attend was schedule to go sing at an Your Rally-this had been  planned months in advance.  Since daughter was singing, I was in a hurry to leave.  After about 30 trick-or treaters I closed the blinds, turned off the lights, and headed out the door.  I love listening to our Praise Band sing contemporary gospel, I think they are the best band I have heard-maybe a little partial here, ahem, but they are great.  All who came out on this cold, raining, night received a blessing.

I can't believe we are in the month of November!  Now let all the holiday festivities begin!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pumpkin decorating for Relay for Life. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. The Olympics kick off this coming weekend. Will you be watching? If you could watch just one event in person, which one would you choos...