Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge





Brrrrr..stay warm all!

1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?

My first thought-electricity.  When our lights flicker on and off, I get a little uneasy. I am very grateful for my health-so thankful I am able to get out of bed in the morning without any help and go to my work place. Here lately, I have heard so much bad news-concerning the health of my love ones and dear friends.

2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?

Brown is really not my favorite color, but in my closet I have many, many different shades of brown.

3. What's something you're looking forward to today?

Hearing the little ones' prayers tonight at choir practice.  It truly warms my heart hearing their prayers.

4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?

I don't really think about being described as a feminist.    I keep thinking about this verse:
Galatians 3:28  "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?

Watermelon--I never cut my watermelon up in chunks love to cut in slices and then just dig in.



6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?

I was surprised a couple of weeks ago by one of my wee worship children.  This particular child had given me a Thanksgiving  necklace thanking me for all I do. So sweet and he says "Ms. Tammy, you need to put it on."  and I have worn it twice to church!!  Love the little ones.

7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
I also like the song "Thank-you" by Hillsong
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

http://youtu.be/sO2o98Zpzg8




4 comments:

  1. I can't eat watermelon that way anymore. I have to cut it in chunks, and usually do so as soon as I bring one home. I love the song by Hillsong too. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a wonderful and sweet ministry among the little ones. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing sweeter than kids in the children's ministry. I helped at our former church...loved every second of it! Great song you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I love watermelon I don't often dig in like that to eat it. The drippy stickiness is something I try to avoid if possible. :)

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...