1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
My youngest daughter's best friend is currently serving in the military in Hawaii. I guess just opening up my house to her was the last time-which was last December. I am bad that I don't think a veteran enough for all they have done for me :(
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
Oh My! I would chose fifty pounds of almonds! I love almonds and they are expensive-every time I walk by them, I think to myself-Gosh-too expensive for me.
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
This past spring-a wedding invitation-yes I responded and yes I attended!
4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
Food-I keep leftovers but eventually have to get rid of them because with our busy schedules hub and I are seldom home at the same time.
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
Cheers- sometimes I catch myself humming the theme song.
6. What decision are you glad you made?
The decision to become a Christian. Also the decision to marry the man of my dreams.
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
Grateful that my dear mother-in-law is no longer suffering. Death is hard but sometimes death can be a blessing. It is difficult to watch someone you love dearly, suffer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do think they had one of the best theme songs ever. We've been snacking on Jordan Almonds left over from the bridal shower. The candy coating takes away some of the health benefits, but makes them more delicious : )ReplyDelete
I'm with you...becoming a Christian at the age of 15 is one of the best decisions I've ever made, too. I eat almonds constantly, but I sure hate paying the price!ReplyDelete
We love almonds as well. We tend to mix them with trail mix.ReplyDelete
Hearing that Cheers theme song makes me think of my childhood and watching that show with my dad. Fun flashback. Thanks for sharing it.ReplyDelete
Almonds are expensive so good choice on your 50 pounds! I loved all of those shows. Yes becoming a Christian was a great choice for myself too.....Amen!ReplyDelete