Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why?
Department of Education---if this is one?? or a different level.  Why the DOE----they need someone with common sense and has worked with different levels of children.  Maybe then the DOE can understand one size does not fit all!!!

Working for the FBI would be interesting to me.  I like to solve mysteries and puzzle.

2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
At first it is difficult for me to forgive-too much anger and hurt feelings when someone refuses to apologize.  After a sleepless night, I remind myself that I forgive not for them but for me.  It is easier to forgive than to hang on to so much anger and hurt.
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

3. What is your favorite meatless supper?
On a summer evening, cornbread muffins and homegrown tomatoes.  On a cool evening-chicken noodle soup.  Remember-I am not known as a chef!!!

4. Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too.
Not celebrating! First day of school for teachers.

5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children?
Aw-yes.  I can remember going shopping and buying fall clothes, shoes, paper, notebooks, and fancy ink pens.  Then wearing the new clothes on the first day of school and burning up!!!!  As I got older, new clothes waited until cooler weather came.
My girls went shopping for school supplies but not clothes. In fact, they still shop for school supplies--new furniture, towels, bed linen, appliances, etc. Hopefully, this will end soon!!

6. Write a summer tongue twister.

Sizzling, scorching summer
Slipping, swaying, spinning by
Sigh.......
Stop--Slowdown Summer


7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle?
My first major was pre-med.  I can't stand to look at a  needle-I nearly faint.  Glad I changed majors.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Officially, tomorrow is the first day of school for teachers.  So many changes this year and yet so little time to prepare for the next generation of students who pass through my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...