Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Forty Fabulous-Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?
Salad and squash.  Hey, school has started back and with all the other 'things' on my plate I haven't been to the grocery market.



2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?

Bluntness-frank, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, point-blank.  My daughters tease me by saying if you don't want to know the truth don't ask Mom because she tells it like it is.  Honestly, I have tried choosing my words carefully when asked my opinion or a question about something, but I speak before thinking.

3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
My love of learning.   I want to never quit learning.


4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?

This depends on the circumstance and the person. If the person is a serious person, then of course I send a serious card. On the other hand if the person, likes jokes then a funny card.

5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?

Star gazing-The night is so peaceful and I usually walk on the back deck and just look up at the stars.  Most nights I talk to the stars-wishing my dad was still living (even after 27 yrs. I miss him dearly), problems I am experiencing, and etc.  This is so relaxing to me.



6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?

Definitely triple check----I am scared of not waking up on time so all alarm clocks and cell phones are tripled checked  before going to bed.  Being married to an insurance man for 30 years, I triple check the oven, curling iron, and hair dryer before leaving the house of the mornings.

7. What's your favorite place for people watching?
Sitting on my front porch unless I am at the beach-where I would love to be right now.


8. Insert your own random thought here
As we begin another school year-I pray for all people who are involved with students.  I am looking forward to a great school year.  Since tomorrow is the first day of school for students-I guess I won't sleep tonight.  I get as excited as the students do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...