Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weekend Rewind




Sickness does take a toll on one, doesn't it?

It has been a little over a month since I have written.  Dealing with MIL's sickness has gotten the best of me.  MIL is 78 years old and has been in and out of the hospital for a month.  She is now home and needs constant care/supervision.  I am  mainly the caregiver here-and I am getting really tired-trying to juggle work, helping out at the coffee shop, and being a mother is wearing me out! I love MIL to death, but she is so hateful and contrary.  I have bitten my tongue many times and have taken longer walks with each episode.  Getting her to take her meds is a battle.  Who ever said growing old was great, is not telling me the truth. :( for venting.  I keep repeating this to myself:  God doesn't put anymore on me than I can handle-somewhere I have heard this and this has kept me somewhat sane.

On the bright side....

It was a gorgeous weekend.  The coffee shop was open after the football game on Friday.  


  I do enjoy this even after a hectic week.

Daughter #2 came home Saturday with boyfriend and introduced us to a new family member.


Grandson loved playing with Sadie.



Hub grilled out for all of us.


and I was able to take a breather.

Able to capture some photos on Sunday.




Hub has his oncologist check-up tomorrow.  Prayers appreciated for a good report. I still get nervous every time.

Daughter #1 is opening her pharmacy this Thursday...she is beyond excitement...
of course, hub is just as excited as she is.

Lately, I have thought a lot about God's promises-especially the promise of healing.  I know he still works miracles-Daughter #1 has been healed (I need to write about her heart surgeries). The Bible tells us to pray for whatever we need and that includes healing. I know healing does not always occur.  But the Bible does promise that if we are not healed, there is something greater waiting for us.

My prayer for MIL has not only been one for healing, but also one for comfort.  I know all will be okay-God has a plan.


Have a great week and Enjoy Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...