Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge








 1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?

Respect-I use to play the song ' R-E-S-P-E-C-T' years ago on the first day of school. With all the changes and all, I don't do this anymore.    Not only do most students not have respect, many young adults (late 20's-30's) are lacking in  this area.

Common Courtesies-saying thank-you, holding the door open for someone-letting someone go ahead of you in line


2. Let's open a proverbial can of worms...Common Core.  Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)?  If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?

Testing, testing, testing, and testing.  Absolutely test students way too much.  Much of basic life skills a person will use everyday is by the wayside-examples: how to balance a checkbook, figuring the best cost of an item, etc.  Getting back to teaching the basics will also help with manners and being respectful that is slowly but leaving our society's youth.


3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.
Kate Middleton-a celebrity to me-adore her fashion sense.


4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?

Have always been the kind of person where seasons don't bother me emotionally.  Fall is gorgeous-not affected by allergies (yeah for me), with my hot flashes, winter is okay, spring gets me all excited for I see the end of school, and summer is just care free and I do try to accomplish some much needed projects around the house.  What bothers me about the changing seasons is the time changes--I loathe when we fall back-I can't stand it when it gets dark by 5:30 and then when I get use to this time-BAM-we spring forward and it takes me awhile to get back the hour of sleep I lost.

5. Scariest book you've ever read?

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow!  I am not into scary books.


6. What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?

How about around 9 or 10p.m.  I can go all day without eating or being hungry but the minute I sit down to read or watch television I have to eat.  My go-to-snacks vary-apples with peanut butter, rice cakes with peanut butter, potato chips, nuts (any kind), cookies, or if I happen to have a candy bar in the house I will eat that first.

7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?

Independent-As a matter of fact, hub complains because I am more independent than needy.  Daughters on the other hand are very needy-calling constantly over the smallest detail-hub loves this-not me.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
oops-published when I meant to hit save!

5 comments:

  1. The Disney movie....the cartoon....is great for Sleepy Hollow tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat at night, but that hour or two before dinnner are what get to me. I love Kate Middleton's style too. She handles everything with such grace. I hate the early darkness too, definitely my least favorite thing about winter. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that it's gets dark early too. It shouldn't be dark when I get off work at 6pm. I hate having to walk in the dark, but it's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Middleton is winning I think :)

    Late night hunger... that's when I make myself go to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely not into scary books, either. If I had known how scary the book I mentioned was, I definitely wouldn't have read it!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...