Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday hodgepodge






1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?
Hearing the lawn mower early in the morning.
2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
Depends- Going to basketball games, I was definitely a light packer.  I was able to pack all in a duffel bag.  Now going somewhere else-I need everything including the kitchen sink.  I just have difficulty deciding on outfits-which means extra shoes, and other  accessories-right?
3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?
The act of forgiveness.
4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
Advice would be-which I will be saying to #2 daughter in a couple of weeks if she doesn't get in grad school, would be to be aggressive and be able to justify why YOU are the best person for the job.  Plus-SMILE-don't look so grumpy.
5. What's your .favorite lemon something?
Lemon pound cake.  Something I read recently-if you take a tablespoon of lemon juice a day it will help prevent cancer.  Yep, my last words to hub-don't forget to drink your lemon juice,
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?
Heel  Here lately, I adore flip flops.
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?
The quiet, peaceful, feeling the beach brings out in me.  Just hearing the ocean brings a sense of calmness.  Looks like we aren't able to go this year-:(  #1 daughter isn't able to go because she will be on pharmacy rotations-shucks--would love to go.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

"A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference."  A.A. Milne

Little Man came through his surgery okay on Monday.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know the surgery went well. Oh...the sound of a lawn mower when you're trying to sleep in in the worst! Our neighbors have a knack for doing that bright and early on Saturday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put fresh lemon in my water everyday. Lemon has wonderful benefits. Starbucks has an awesome lemon pound cake! Yes the beach is the best medication ever. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that surgery went well. There should be a law against lawn mowing near vacationers. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter T

  T Tomatoes   When I first started planting a garden, I had no idea what I was doing.  But I love it! I bought my tomato plants home and ca...