Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate?
The  living room, kitchen, and downstairs is decorated.  I love to decorate.





and downstairs



Years ago before we moved, there was a Christmas tree in just about every room at least seven trees I would have decorated.  Daughter #2 birthday is the day after Christmas; and I would work myself crazy trying to undecorate the house for her birthday parties.  

2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?
Sweden-Stockholm.  From all I have read, Stockholm is beautiful,  has great shopping, quality eateries in abundance, and a vibrant cultural life. 

3. What does the word faith mean to you?
Faith is what I believe in without question or doubt.  In our daily lives, we all experience  times with 'Ole Man Trouble.'   The fact that we encounter adversity is not nearly so important as the way we chose to deal with it.  Faith--one word-God.  When I feel like asking 'why' or saying I can't go through this-not again, I remember the verse from Joshua 1 verse 9--paraphrased it says to be bold and strong for God is with me wherever I go.

4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose?
I would choose age 10 because I don't think I was into the growing up stage at this point of my life.  Heck, I don't know if I am gown up yet-my daughters still get the giggles at me sometimes.  I can't remember much about the days of my childhood as I do the nights.  At night, especially summertime, a bunch of us would play in the road for hours just kicking a can or playing hide -n- seek.  We all had so much fun without any fancy toys.  I guess this is why at the reunion this summer we were all known for as the "Muck Dam Kids."



5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.
Probably 3 years ago--ahem
An easy recipe--green sherbert and ginger ale-I like it.

6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?
Most definitely!
Seven stockings will be filled with little treats.  They are opened after the bigger gifts.  I must say, my daughters get just as excited opening their stockings as they do their bigger gifts.

7. What takes your breath away?
After 30 years of marriage my hub still takes my breath away
my daughters
and my precious step-grandson

8. Insert your own random thought here.
School will be in session until December 20-:(  UHG!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151000567630587
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151029127975587&set=vb.519235586&type=2&theater
I have tried to post my daughter singing at church.  Hope this worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...