Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?
I think we should continue to explore space-if it wasn't for our exploration of space we would not have the 'stuff' we enjoy today like microwaves, radio, television, etc.  There is much more we need to learn about space.  Tough question-should we devote more resources to explore space?  This depends on what we need to devote more to.  I do believe we need to devote more resources to finding cures for cancer, alzheimer, and other diseases.  Maybe exploring space would help.
I remember watching the tv-eyes glued to the screen when man first walked on the moon.  I was amazed.  I did apply-being a teacher to go up in space. :( got turned down.

2. What are three things in your freezer?
 Skillet Meals, Corn, and Hot Dogs-

3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living...no Beatles, Elvis, etc.

Lady Antebellum

4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
Prefer crushed ice because it is easier to chew-okay with ice-cubed even though I make a slurpy, sucking sound.

5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story in more detail here but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
As a mother, I know that sometimes children can be annoying at a restaurant.  After a few trips to the bathroom, well...you know the rest of the story.  Today when Charlie and I go out alone (which is very few), I see children misbehaving badly-some parents do what I did-bathroom time-and some parents just  ignore their child.  I tune out the noise of children-maybe that is my teacher instinct.  
I do not agree with the restaurant owner on this.  How annoying can it be, really?  For people who want a peaceful and quiet atmosphere to dine in-then I suggest go somewhere you know no young child will be or simply stay at home.  

6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
Charlie bought me my first car.  Until then I drove my parents' cars.  I think the only reason Charlie bought me my first vehicle was because I could come home on weekends (still in college) and see him.  It was a Fiesta.
Now my daughter has my car at pharmacy school--Gran Prix
Not my VW convertible--windshield is cracked.  And I am driving her car
I hope I make it up the
 mountain on Friday!!!!

7. If I had a nickle for every time I _________________ I'd be rich.
If I had a nickle for every time I blinked I'd be rich.
If I had a nickle for every time I told the girls what to do and take my advice I'd be rich.
If I had a nickle for every time I worried especially at night I'd be rich.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I desperately need a hair cut!!!!
After taking Nathan to the library, we had something to entertain us.  Our neighbor had decided to do some serious tree trimming----all the way down!!


There goes the nice shade for the side of my house==oh well!!!
 
Have a great day!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...