Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



 1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia? 

Everyday I experience nostalgia.  Here lately, I keep remembering and saying..."This time last year Amanda and I were..." AND my heart breaks.  Nostalgia (for me right now) is not warm and fuzzy.  Probably not warm and fuzzy for a lot of people with the COVID and not being able to see love ones.


 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients? 
I am a coffee drinker.  Usually black but some days I prefer a taste of Hazlenut creamer. I am sticking to only 2 cups a day but I know as the weather turns cooler and the days get shorter I might just add one more cup.
I don't have a recipe that calls for coffee.


 3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. 
Leaning more toward criticism.  I have been a person who can handle criticism...CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM that is.  Instead of getting upset, I examine myself and reevaluate my actions, words, etc.  Become motivated to change, if necessary.

 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching? 


Can't wait for the new season to begin.

 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood. 
Anxious for Spring. 
Fall is a beautiful time of year, but I know what follows.  Not reading for the shivering cold.


 6. Insert your own random thought here.

Right now, our weather has turned a bit fallish....rainy and chilly outside.  
I am missing some of the fall activities that have been cancelled due to COVID....pumpkin patch, corn maze, even trick or treating has been cancelled in our community.  But I keep telling myself this too shall pass.
Have a great rest of the week.  
Keep on keepin on and Enjoy Life

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that nostalgia for you isn't warm and fuzzy right now.

    Hugs and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know these days are so hard and I admire your courage and strength. Not sure what the plan is here for Halloween. We have very few children in our neighborhood so not a huge deal for us. I know kids must be disappointed though. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you are sad, remembering times past during these most trying times!
    I haven't tried hazelnut creamer, will look for it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nostalgia sometimes is sad. I'm sorry.
    I agree with you on winter. Not a winter fan here.
    Hazelnut anything--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a winter fan either but, thankfully, we have fairly mild winters here in NE Louisiana. Wishing you an enjoyable fall and maybe spring will arrive early next year.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...