Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

From this Side of the Pond


1. The Hodgepodge lands on the second day of a brand new month. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in September.
English Conversation: Dining Out - YouTube
Just to be able to feel safe/comfortable dining out again. The case numbers keep rising in my little 'neck of the woods' and it is scary walking in a place and seeing so many people not wearing masks or practicing social distancing.


2. Do you enjoy browsing second-hand shops? Last thing you bought or 'inherited' second hand?


I enjoy browsing second-hand shops.  It has been at least 2 years since I last browsed but I think I bought a fall wreath.  Sometimes I can find the cutest stuff there...another's trash is someone's treasure.


3. Something you had second thoughts about after committing to, purchasing, or posting/commenting  online?
Facebook - Apps on Google Play
Definitely have second thoughts about responding to comments online.  I type my response but then I think to myself that I am not stooping that low so I  delete my comment.  I must admit, I feel  good typing my response though!


4. What's a product or service you use that you'd rate as second to none?

Since I haven't had my hair cut or colored since March, I rank this

it really does the trick.  I just spray and go!!  Hopefully I can get to the salon soon!

5. Something you do so often or that comes so naturally to you it's second nature ?

The first thing that popped in my head was quick as waking up I make up my bed!  And I won't leave the house with dishes in the sink!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

It has been a raining few days here and boy did my grass need cutting.  Shew...it was beginning to look like a hay field.

Currently doing a Bible Study via Zoom on Sunday evenings.  Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer.  Enjoying this.

I hate to bring this up, but our cases are rising in my area...I wish people would just wear a mask!!  For me, being older, it does hide my double neck!!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, on deleting the comments we write. It's cathartic to write them, but it's better to delete them. I knew a woman who would type pages and pages on her computer every night and then delete them. Good mental health practice.

    Enjoy the second week of September coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree about venting then deleting. I am hiding people on Facebook like it’s my job. So so tired of all the lecturing, scolding, and judgement there. I’m getting my hair done next week. My third time since May. Salons here have been open with measures in place and I feel very comfortable doing this. I hope you get to go soon! It’s a day brightener for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not crazy about wearing a mask, but yeah, I do it because I want this pandemic t end sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some good habits like making your bed and not leaving the house with dishes in the sink! I'm really second guessing having a Facebook Account. Should have posted that for my answer. Happy September to you!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...