1. Something you've done in recent days or months that might be described as a labor of love?
Here is something I will be doing... Our county is virtual learning for students. So many students do not have internet service and child care is extremely hard to find. My church is offering services to any student grades 5-12...."Internet Cafe" I will be volunteering on Tuesdays to help out. Lunch will be provided and this service is free. Tuesday is my only day I will not be at the school.
2. Last time you 'worked your fingers to the bone'?
Finally, finished staining my deck for the second time. I hurriedly stained it last year and it looked horrible but since I was running out of time I had to quickly do the job. This year, I took my time and finished it! If I have to say so myself, I did a pretty good darn job!
3. According to a recent survey people named the following ten jobs as the hardest-nurse, doctor, paramedic, police officer, firefighter, surgeon, healthcare worker, bomb squad, farmer, and prison warden. Of the jobs listed which would you say is the hardest? The one you'd most like to do? Least like to do? What's one job you would add to the list?
Too hard to choose just one...in my opinion they are all hard jobs. All are strenuous jobs. But at the same time they are also rewarding jobs.
The one I would most like to do would be a farmer. When growing up my father bought a farm (didn't live on the farm) but I had to help out...feed the cows, plant tobacco, etc.
Right now, I would add teachers. I started back to school (through a grant) helping students who are behind (with COVID most are) and learning virtual is challenging for me...I miss the students it isn't just the same.
4. A recipe you make that is labor intensive, but worth it?
5. Last job you did or task you completed that required teamwork?
Learning to teach remotely!! Very thankful for my colleagues that have patience with me learning to do all this new stuff.
6. Random thought.
Labor Day celebration was so different this year. I have always celebrated with reunions, listening to music, and cook outs. This year NOTHING! I missed the celebrations.
6. Insert your own random thought here.