1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't?
I live in the mountains of Southwest Virginia and staring at the beauty of the trees as their leaves change colors to bright red, orange, and yellow is magical AND it is pretty awesome they do this every year.
Fall brings allergies as things begin to die, raking leaves I dislike and colds seem to appear as the temps vary. Fall tells me what is coming next...WINTER ugh!
2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you?
Favorite color would have to be the oranges. There are plenty of back roads I could travel to see the beauty of fall, but I don't like to travel by myself.
So, I will just look out my kitchen window!
3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away?
The only thing that comes to my mind is I wanted to finish some painting but just didn't get around to it.
4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie?
Cardigan because if I get too hot (which I do now with still hot flashes), I can take it off and if I get too chilly, can easily slip it on.
5. What's your secret to dealing with change?
Be flexible and go with the flow (my mantra lately) and TRY to be positive. Change can be good or bad depending on your perspective but try to keep positive.
Speaking of change, last Monday (September 14) our School Board met and voted to return to a hybrid schedule beginning October 1st. We have been virtual since the beginning of school, August 20th. Teachers began preparing for this hybrid schedule and kept trudging along. Then this past Monday, September 21st another meeting was held and the School Board voted to stay virtual till October 26th. A roller coaster for sure!
Life is changing and we don't have to brace it all the time, but it will be okay.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A couple of weekends ago, we had a crab boil just close family. The weather was so nice.
I received this special note in my teacher mailbox at school with my favorite candy.