Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekend Rewind



Weekend Rewind....


Because God is never cruel, there is a reason for all things. We must know the pain of loss; because if we never knew it, we would have no compassion for others, and we would become monsters of self-regard, creatures of unalloyed self-interest. The terrible pain of loss teaches humility to our prideful kind, has the power to soften uncaring hearts, to make a better person of a good one.” 
― Dean KoontzThe Darkest Evening of the Year

This weekend I lost a very special lady I have known for 35 years- my mother-in-law.  She was known as Nanny to my girls, Mom to my husband, 'Granny' to all the children she kept in the nursery at church and all the students at Chilhowie Middle School, but she was always Mrs. Doane to me.  A lady that was like a mother to me-now a hole in my aching heart. As the days go by, memories will be filled with laughter, but now there is an aching heart.


2 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about Granny... she was a very special lady and I have very fond memories of her. I'm praying for you guys and I know that her and Pap are glad to be together again.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...