Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge






1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English.  Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen).  Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-

selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base


Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
Obamacare-enough said.


2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
Since hub and I moved into this house in 2oo8, I have wanted to redo the bathroom.  Not happened-hopefully this year I can tackle this project.


3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
Yesterday, I had a bowl of homemade vegetable soup thanks to my good neighbor.
She made my family a crock pot full of beef vegetable soup.

4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.

Snowed under-with the holidays, birthdays, sickness, and death in my family-I am snowed under.  However, the sun is shining today and this helps perk me up.

5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
I have no idea-been so long since I have been to the movies or even sat down to watch a little television show.

6.  In general, would you say you're clumsy?
Most definitely-I have a hard time chewing gum and walking at the same time!

7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935.  Are you an Elvis fan?  What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least?  Click here for a list of his songs.

I think Elvis Presley had the best male singing voice ever-no matter what genre he sang.  My favorite songs would be his gospel songs-I can't choose just one.  I haven't heard all these songs by Elvis, but I honestly don't think I would listen to one I didn't like.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
My mother-in-law had the best day ever on Friday, as she met her Heavenly Father.  She always told my youngest daughter she wanted her to sing this song sing at her funeral and she got it.



7 comments:

  1. I'm glad all went well on Friday...I love Allison Krauss and that song. I'm sure it was a lovely moment in a difficult day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks wonderful...and warm! What a great way to describe your MIL's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your MIL leaving this life on earth perhaps is a godsend, I don't know if she suffered much while living, I always think after losing a loved one that they are now in the best world...with peace. And your memories will be never forgot!! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. That song sung is beautiful!!

    It was very kind of your neighbor to share her homemade soup with you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother-in-law went home last February. Hard for us, but not for her. God bless you as you learn to live without her here on earth. I'm sure the song was a beautiful tribute to her. May you feel the peace of God surrounding you on the difficult days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree....enough said! The soup looks yummy. ((HUGS)) on your snowed under. Elvis did have a wonderful voice. Hope the sun keeps shinning.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry about your dear MIL. That was a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sympathies go out to your family! We lost a neighbor on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...