Sunday, April 29, 2012

Whew!!

Whew!!!!  Last week was finally over, and what a week it was.  So thrilled the Federal Review is over!  Not only was I interviewed for over 3 hours, I had to sit as they were going through files the review team had pulled.  My only thought-gosh it is very stormy--windy and strong thunderstorms outside so if you need to leave early please feel free to do so.  To my dismay the review team stayed.  I did mention though a little food stop-the best dip dogs, onion rings, and milkshakes a person has ever tasted.  Of course, my principal couldn't believe I mentioned the one and only Dip Dog Stand to the review team!
Anyway I was relieved when it was over.

Now that the review was over-why did it take me so long to unwind.  I finished out the school day as usual-well a few more well-wishes than anticipated-but it was school as usual. Finally, I was HOME!Hub had went to get grandson-and I just needed a moment-no such luck though.  "Come here, Mamow." and it was a little play time.  Next came dinner and I couldn't eat!!  Step-son kept wanting grandson to eat-which of course he wouldn't -and the conversation went something like this:  "Come on Nate and eat.  If you don't eat you won't come back to Mamow  and Buddy-(he calls Charlie -Buddy and not Papaw)."  Nate would then commence to cry and say "I don't want to eat.  I want down."  Then Todd -Charlie's son by his first marriage, would say-"I'm telling you Nate you better eat.  Daddy is hungry and if you don't eat you aren't coming back."  More crying from Nate-"I not hungry." 
ENOUGH!!!  My adrenaline was still on high from my day and just stop was what I wanted to say but instead I just got up from the table and went outside.  Sometimes it is best to just not say anything. Late I cleaned up the dishes and was able to eat later.  After a hard, long day, I just needed a few minutes to debrief.  People who do not teach have a hard time understanding this, but it is so true.  After being interviewed by the Federal Review Team and finish teaching 8th graders-I just need to debrief-not coming home to a three year old and then listen to arguing about dinner.

Saturday was much better.  The Farmer's Market had opened and my aunt and I went early that morning.  Just to go and walk through the market was so refreshing, even though it was a bit chilly.

Today was so nice.  After church, I did nothing.  Then it hit me--#2 daughter graduates from college in just 3 weeks-Yikes!! time to get planning on much graduation 'stuff.'  Four years of college went by too fast.


1 comment:

  1. The college years have flown by! Congrats on having the review behind you!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...