Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge-Questions/Answers







1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
My daughters make me proud.  Admitting to my mistakes (I have made more than my share) keeps me humble and learning from the most humble person in history, Jesus Christ.

2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
The kitchen counter/bar.  A definite catch-all!!!

3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
Don't really make a point to visit State/National Parks-but if one is close to where we are-we might go.  Hungry Mother State Park and Claytor Lake is close by 'right in our back door' and we go there often.

4. How would you define honor?
Honesty and fairness.

5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
Not really a fan of either.  I would have to prefer Angel's food with some type of fruity topping.

6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
With basketball ending so is my road trips.  The last road trip was February 11 to Kentucky a 5 1/2 hour drive-so a total of 11hrs. in the car.  I prefer taking my time, but since hub drives it is zoom, zoom, zoom without stopping.  Car snacks a must--apples, nuts, potato chips, and nabs are a must.


7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
I could rant for hours about this.  First of all, many cafeteria workers (ones I have come in contact with) are not very nice.  I have seen trays thrown away because a student has gotten an extra french fry or chicken nugget and then the student wasn't able to pay for the extra item.  Yep-a student may only have a certain number of each item-and if you go over--you pay extra!!!  I have paid for extra items for some students when I am aware of this!!!  I do believe if this was my preschool child-the Board of Education would hear loud and clear from me. Imagine how hurtful this was to this child!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Finally a much needed snow day.  The snow came on Sunday--beautiful snowfall, but left as quickly as it came. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...