Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ground Hog's Day......Prediction



Today  is Ground Hog's Day...... 

Usually I am thinking --okay enough cold and snow.  However, this year I am wondering where the cold and snow is!  We are certainly experiencing 'spring-like' weather in my 'neck of the woods.'  As a matter of fact, we haven't had a full week of cool weather.  One day it may be in the 40's and the rest of the week 60's.  

 According to folklore, if the ground hog sees its shadow as it emerges from its burrow one can expect six more weeks of winter weather.  If the ground hog does not see its shadow, winter-like weather will end.  The weather forecast is predicting rain-thunderstorms actually with temps in the 50's.  So will winter-weather end soon-my thought......winter hasn't begun here. I am predicting an early spring with a weather forecast like this.

I have taught for 30 years-giving away my age-, and never have I had a spring break.  Spring break is taken away due to snow make up days.  This year, spring break will be 10 days! Yippee!!!  I must admit I am excited and making plans.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter T

  T Tomatoes   When I first started planting a garden, I had no idea what I was doing.  But I love it! I bought my tomato plants home and ca...