Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge










1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-

amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.

Which of these words/phrases would you mBost like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen.

I would have to choose--"the new normal."   What is normal now a

2. Are you easily embarrassed?
This depends on the situation and the company I am with.

3. What is your go-to snack?
Veggie Straws  I just recently found these.  They are crunchy and salty and I love them!
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
I enjoy visiting D.C.  I always find I don't have enough time there.  My favorite attraction -The Vietnam Memorial.  I can remember making my uncle's special candy and shipping it to Vietnam.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least?
First, what are planks?  I guess you can tell I am not much into exercising.  Since I must choose-it would be sit-ups.  Why?  Once I am down, I don't know if I could get back up.

6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?
When my husband was taking his chemo treatments, my neighbors cooked dinner for us more than once and often would just drop by to sit with him.  While I was at school, I was a nervous wreck, but coming home just to see friends sitting with him was something else!  This eased my mind soooo much.  Dinner was thoughtful, but just being with him meant a lot to me.

7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
Yes, many times.  As a matter of fact, my entire family has.  We have the blood mobile come to the high school and I am so proud of the teenagers who donate blood.  We do still have some caring and responsible young people!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Instead of January I think I am in the month of March.  Our temps are warm and the forecast for tomorrow is thunderstorms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...