Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not much happening.......


Not much happening........
Winter has been very mild.  Temperatures in the 50's and 60's with thunderstorms.  I am feeling like I am living in the top half of Florida instead of Virginia.  Thunderstorms tonight-with snow to follow in the morning. Being a teacher, I have missed hearing the words--"School Closed."   However, if we keep this up, summer vacation will begin in the later part of May.  In all my 30 years of teaching, this has only happened once!

This is my youngest daughter's last year playing college basketball.  Hub-goes to every game.  I, on the other hand, go to as many as I can. Right now, hub is in West Virginia and I am listening to the game on the radio. It is hard traveling and then getting up for work the next day.  I have enjoyed watching daughter play, but I am glad it will soon be over!!!  For this to be her senior year, it has been a rough, tough, long senior year in college basketball.  If anyone has a daughter/son who is interested in playing college sports, I hope I can talk to them before hand.  It is not an exciting road as one might think.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have meant some wonderful parents, but I haven't really enjoyed the college sport scene.  There are many things a parent is not told until her child is playing college sports.  I just want a daughter/son to really think and discuss the sport scene with parents before signing to play.

Glad tomorrow is Friday.  This has been a long week.  I plan on traveling to Ohio to watch-yep basketball.  Hope the weather isn't so bad.

Good weekend to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...