Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year


Have you heard the saying?  "As one door closes, another one opens."  This is how
I feel about the 2012 New Year.


So many fond memories of 2011-basketball game thrillers, snowstorms (so nice to be able to hear the words-"Schools Closed"--ahem), graduations, reunions, hot, lazy summer days, and the list goes on and on.

  Like many fond memories, there are memories that aren't so fond.  However, when life doesn't go as planned, I remember the verse-Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." and then I repeat-"This too shall pass."  Life is a roller coaster with many hills to climb, bumps and curves along the way, and full of thrills.

Throwing away my old calendar, I now stare at one that is blank-not blank for long, this I am sure of.  I am ready to embrace 2012 with all it has to offer. 
An appropriate song for the beginning of the New Year:

Wishing all a Happy, Prosperous, and Blessed New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...