Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time for Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!)
Family members who live away receive Christmas cards through snail mail.  Close friends and relatives receive hand-delivered Christmas cards with some cookies or a little gift.  Church members-receive cards through our mail box at church.
I will send/deliver around 100 of them.
Oh--I love displaying cards-around mantle, sitting on counter, and around door facing as one enters living room.





2. When do kids become adults?


Accoring to our legal system, there is a definitive age of adulthood. Lawmakers have determined that people who are 18 or 21 should be able to take on adult privileges like gambling, voting, owning a gun, and marrying. But this does not necessarily imply that 18 or 21 year-olds are adults; nor does it even imply that lawmakers consider them so.

I think you stop being a child when you grow up emotionally and psychologically,when you are mature enough to know what you are doing and that what you are doing is the right thing to do. You become an adult when you see life as it is.  When you put others before yourself.


3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons?
Most definitely.  I put on extra lotion and really moisturize my face in the winter.  It seems my skin is so dry this time of the year.




4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose?
A mayonnaise and banana sandwich.



5. Gloves or mittens?
Gloves.  I don't own any mittens.




6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer?
I like the word 'queue' going to add this to my vocabulary.
Besides a grocery line, I would have to say a line at Disney World.  Yes, the line at Disney World was worth it for daughters.




7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December?
Celebrating birthdays!  Both daughters have December birthdays-December 26 and December 30-Whew!
Daughter #2 will be singing special music at church in December. I love to hear her sing.
Charlie and I getting away for a few days in between birthday celebrations.




8. Insert your own random thought here
Asking special prayers-a teammate of daughter #2 -her mother was killed in a car accident last week on the way to one of her basketball games.  Also my school superintendent's son who is only six has cancer.  He started his chemo treatments yesterday.  I hate that 'C' word-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...