Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What is a childhood habit or preference you will never outgrow? 

I have a few:  my bed is made first, no dishes left in the sink before going to bed or leaving for a trip (not even one cup), going to church (I still feel guilty if traveling and missing church), being organized, and sharing what I have with others.

2. Did you know July is beans month? What's your favorite bean? Your favorite recipe that calls for beans? When it comes to chili are you team beans or team no beans?  

My favorite bean is pinto beans.  I make Cowboy Beans, which is pinto beans , ground beef, Onion, and a tangy sauce.  No beans in my chili.

3. Some historical figures have a tag line after their name, something like 'the brave' or 'the wise' or 'the mad'...what would your tag line be? Explain why? 

Life is short; Enjoy Life

The older I get, time goes by way too fast!!  I have lived longer than I have left to live. But I am also blessed that I have lived this long.  Obstacles, hardships, death happens to us all.  But there is also happiness and joy, too.  One must enjoy life no matter the curve balls that is thrown at us daily.

4. The way to my heart is______________________________. 

Putting your WORDS into ACTION!

5.  The calendar rolls into August this week, but before we go give us four adjectives that describe your July. 

Hot, Dry (until this past weekend), Humid, Delightful

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Took the grandkids on a quick trip last Friday.  We went to Pigeon Forge and stayed in a cabin.  I didn't take many pictures because I was admiring the awe in their expression.






Thankfully and Blessed for a fun weekend. AND we had just left Dollywood before the flood came.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life.





1

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to taking mine to Dollywood one day. Maybe next summer when the oldest are back stateside. So glad you had a fun getaway with yours! I feel the same about words and actions. What good are words if the actions don't match? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you have cute grandkids.
    I, too, have lived longer than I have left to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun vacation with your very sweet grandkids. I think a good family vacation is one where you're having such a good time you didn't think to take photos! LOL Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. There was some good food for thought in them.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. When the Hodgepodge lands on September 11th I want to acknowledge that. Will you purposely pause to remember, pray, or attend any sort ...